Why should I swing Indian clubs and what will I get out of it?
Regardless that you swing heavy or light Indian clubs, you can expect physical and mental benefits.
Physical aspects of swinging Indian clubs:
- Gently mobilizes the shoulders, elbows and wrists and improve range of motion
- Strengthens the shoulder girdle and grip ( muscles and connective tissues) in its full range of motion
- Consists of compound movements in multiple planes
- Provides low impact cardiovascular exercise
- Assists recovery from intense training
- Improves the 3 pillars of physical literacy (body control , locomotion and object control)
Mental aspects of swinging Indian clubs:
- It is fun and you forget you are training.
- The rhythmic and repetitive patterns are highly meditative and calm the nervous system, like meditation.
- Cross crawl exercises and other challenging moves improve learning capacity and stimulate neurogenesis, the creation of new brain cells.
At Heroic Sport we have taught club swinging to a broad spectrum of the population, from kids, adults, elite athletes, to Parkinson’s patients. Everyone reports they move better and feel better!